The power is in your hands
With the majority of UK mobile phone networks advertising in the Daily Mail, Sun and Express, many of us are funding hate every time we pay our bill. But we can change that. Sending a tweet or email to your provider could make all the difference. Let your phone company know that it’s they #StartSpreadingLove and #StopFundingHate.
Be part of the campaign
The companies we shop with care what their customers think. The more of us speak up and call out brands that advertise in divisive media, the stronger our collective voice will be.
- Campaign online – take screenshots of advertisers on the Daily Mail, Sun and Express and tweet the advertisers, asking them to stop their online advertising for these sites. Remember to tag @stopfundinghate and keep it polite and friendly. Find out more about how to take action on Twitter.
- If a company gets back in touch with you, please let us know! Just fill out this short form here.
- Volunteer – Stop Funding Hate volunteers to do research, lend their experience and create content. Please email Alex on email@example.com if you want to help out. Just tell us a little bit about yourself and how much time you might have.
Together we can make hate unprofitable and change the media for good. Your support will help sustain the campaign over the long term.
Ethically Made Campaign T-Shirts
Grab one of our campaign tees and help take on the divisive hate campaigns of the UK press by persuading advertisers to pull their support.
If you own or work for a company and want to make sure you’re not funding hate, then firstly, congratulations! Secondly, there are a few simple things you can do.
- Block online ads for the Sun, Daily Mail and Express. You can either speak to your media agency or use these instructions to block them through the Google Display Network. You can also block through Facebook Audience Network using their guide.
- Get in touch, we’re happy to chat! We can discuss ethical advertising and add you to our ‘good list’. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.